Monday 1 March 2010

Neil Roland, Photographer

Had to tell you about one of our favourite wedding gifts: this beautiful montage from my cousin, Neil Roland. He's a very talented, well known photographer based in Manchester. As it happens Manchester is also home to a fair few members of my family and where my husband's grandmother emigrated to Australia from in the 50s.

He created it just for us and called it 'Roots to the Future'. Every part of it symbolises something to do with us. It includes a copy of my great, great granfather's papers used to escape Russia during the war (which i had never seen before); a vintage image of Australia when it was known as 'New Holland'; each image of our initials are from signage of famous buildings in Manchester and the art deco door handles are from the Kelvingrove Art Gallery in Glasgow where i grew up.
Here's a few of my favourites from his collections.



The 1st image was taken by me and the rest are from Neil's website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...