Monday 1 October 2012

Weekend Treasure Hunt

On Saturday afternoon I had a few hours off. I love my family but sometimes a little 'me time' is a necessity. I took the opportunity to head over to a monthly flea market that I'd been trying to get to for a long time. The Drill Hall on Dalmeny Street, in Leith, is an awesome space with a ridiculous amount of natural light. It's home to Out of The Blue, an arts and education trust committed to community projects. There are offices and studios rented to creative businesses and a large space, perfect for markets, as well as shows, workshops and classes. There's a café too...for sustenance. On the last Saturday of every month the hall hosts the Out Of The Blue Flea Market from 10am till 3pm, and it's definitely worth a visit.
I picked up this vintage silk blouse for £1.50 and, the artist's mannequin, large wood bowl and awesome white and gold vase all came from the same seller, and were £2 a piece! So, I had a very fruitful and enjoyable afternoon which cost a total of £11.40, including £1.40 for the bus and £2.50 for the most tremendous flat white coffee from Artisan Roast on my wander home.
Did you find any treasure this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...