Monday 26 September 2011

Cate James

The lovely Cate James is a printmaker and illustrator based in Edinburgh. Last year she set herself a little project of (read: became slightly obsessed with) drawing the 'beautiful' faces of the guests on the popular daytime TV show, Jeremy Kyle.
Having just become a mother, and having been freelance for the last couple of years, I have to shamefully, admit to having become quite familiar with the show. For those of you who are not, it may help to know that I have to actively avoid it, regularly, as I feel myself losing all faith in human existense and becoming convinced that everyone in the world needs a DNA and lie detector test.
I love Cate's illustrations of the 'colourful' characters who grace Jeremy's stage. I can see how drawing them would get addictive. She has more than 6 sketch books full of them! Wouldn't they make an excellent exhibition?

You can see more of these gorgeous faces on Cate's blog. Cate is currently working on the illustrations for a new series of children's books along with many other projects on the run up to Christmas...keep a look out for her work at Paper Tiger stores.
Illustrations by Cate James

1 comment:

  1. These are brilliant! Gone are the days when I used to watch that but it was strangely addictive, even though it made me cross. Onwards to Cate's blog! Tally ho!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...